I Was Nominated For A Liebster Blogging Award!
I was very excited to be nominated by fellow “travel with kids” blogger: http://fromheretotherewithkids.com
Here are my answers:
1. Why is family travel important to you?
Sharing the world with my kids makes them grow up to be better people! Perspective, perseverance, and patience – these are qualities and values that I want them to have, and they learn them and practice them with travel.
2. Best family travel memory?
Watching my daughter make friends with a local Ecuadorian girl here in our neighborhood. Seeing her play and interact without fear, and push the limits with her spanish skills was amazing.
3. Any embarrassing travel moments? We have a two year old, so most of our moments are embarrassing! He constantly is trying to run out of airports and immigration lines, and he loves to have hellacious temper tantrums at the most inappropriate moments.
4. Do you travel without children anymore?
Nope. We are on a year long trip, so I think we might be stuck with them that whole time…
5. Any family travel packing tips to share?
Carefully pack what you think you will need….and then get rid of half of that. The kids need about 4 days worth of clothes, and so do we. But always bring extra wipes. We are constantly getting rid of stuff, and I am convinced that by the time we get home we will have almost nothing left!
6. Who plans the trips in your household?
We travel as a team and plan as a team.
7. Best kids menu a restaurant you have come across?
We don’t ever use “kids” menus. Our kids have always eaten what we cook and eat, and I expect them to do the same when we are traveling. The upside of this strict approach to eating is that they both will try anything!
8. What inspired you to start your blog?
Wanting to keep in touch with family and friends while gone for a year, and also wanting a sort of diary of our experiences.
9. How far in advance do you plan your family travel?
We don’t call ourselves “2kidsnoitinerary” without reason! We plan and research quite a bit, but tend to change things up at the last minute or on the fly.
10. Where is your next trip planned to?
We are headed to Cuenca in about 3 weeks, then northern Peru in October.
11. Where would you rather be today?
Here. I miss home, but I have a lot of travel left in me before I am ready to head back.
Let those bloggers know that they have been nominated so they can continue the chain. OK!
The Liebster Award Rules are as follows:
· Thank the blogger who gave it to you including a link back to their website
· Answer the eleven questions they ask you
· Nominate bloggers with less than 500 followers
· Ask eleven questions –
Why is family travel important to you?
Have you traveled anywhere with your family that you wouldn’t recommend?
Favorite family vacation?
Best family travel memory?
Any embarrassing travel moments?
Do you travel without children anymore?
Any family travel packing tips to share?
What inspired you to start your blog?
How far in advance do you plan your family travel?
Where is your next trip planned to?
Where would you rather be today?
· Let those bloggers know that they have been nominated so they can continue the chain
I nominate http://moveablegeography.wordpress.com